Monday, February 9, 2015

We all will be loners someday


My mother's life revolved around 6 of us, Father and five children. All of us were demanding and she took enormous pain to manage time to carry out all the household jobs, help us with home work and read books. As her education stopped right after matriculation for marriage, she wanted all the children to be equally good at studies. At school, she won Government scholarship while myself failed to get any till school. 

One by one, we left home after school. First to Cotton College followed by either university or Engineering College. One by one went further away for jobs and marriage leaving our parents to remain alone at home. When we were not around, our empty beds reminded them about us. 

This time in Bihu, all of us were together at home after quite some time. Parents were so happy, they became children again. Once again, all of us left them one by one . Yesterday, somehow she missed the step, fell down and had multiple fracture at her leg. 

So while , her fractured bone is being fixed in Guwahati, I am far away in Delhi and she says I don't need to rush leaving my jobs. Feeling so terrible !

While searching for some documents, my brother found a poem in her diary which he shared over WhatsApp family group. I am once again sharing it with my friends.
Another facet of mother none of us knew earlier.

(Written on Facebook wall on  21 Jan,2015)





You can contact Kamaljit at kamaljitmedhi1975@gmail.com

No comments: