Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sleepless Night


Once more, a bout of acidity robbed my sleep off till morning. The only awful part of such long night is the call of office in the next morning with the siren about to be wailing at 7: 15 sharp.
My two sons were sleeping peacefully by my side. I kissed their soft cheeks and felt the warmth. The younger one slept with the toy car I had brought for him in the afternoon. The elder must have been dreaming on the book he went through in his kindle, a gift I gave him in his last B’day.
Suddenly, some part of my heart ached and shuddered wishing not to see a day when these two will not see eye to eye, forget about sharing a bed. Have seen many brothers turning bitter foes.
At 41, I can feel the feel of fleeting youth with tinges of white growing all the time in the hair, when the days of playing cricket all day in the scorching sun seems like a dream and of course when I am called a dear uncle so many times.
When I hum few lines of Borgeet in the morning, my wife says I am growing old. But its true, sometimes I feel  many dreams I am chasing everyday, have no real purpose in life.
Death is a truth and no one can defy it. Every pound of our heart  and we are closer to the grave.  Billions of people, higher and mightier had to bite the dust. “Grass covered them all”.
The more I read of Alexander, Napoleon or Adolph Hitler, I feel the helplessness to see them falter at the twist of destiny.

Perhaps I am an escapist! I am too weak to look around and see the reality.
I wished - let this moment, the feel be eternal and time stop for ever ! This life and the world around and our children  are so beautiful, I will not be tired of living a million years too.
Let the morning herald and sunshine drench my mind and body. Let the weakling thoughts go off.

You can contact Kamaljit at kamaljitmedhi1975@gmail.com

No comments: